More than a year has passed since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and Vietnam has been one of the most successful countries at keeping the COVID-19 situation under control. At FPT Software, we have been doing the best we can to minimize the impacts of the crisis and protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, and partners.
Amid the recent COVID-19 resurgence, FPT Software has maintained high awareness of its potential risks, kept applying preventive measures to safeguard our people, and built confidence in COVID-19 containment.
1. The health of FPT Software’s employees, their families, clients, and partners is our primary concern. We place this principle ahead when we make any decision during this challenging time.
2. To aim for the customer business continuity without any interruption, we try to improve the company’s overall capabilities. As a Technology company, we expand access and capabilities in two high-priority categories of tech: Digital workplace resources and digital technologies to ensure our people have the systems they need to stay productive.
Further, an Emergency Response Team (ERT) was set up and directed by our Chief Executive Officer Pham Minh Tuan. This task force is responsible for (1) Risks identification, (2) Risk management including Business Continuity Plan (BCP), and (3) Preventive Care Policy. It also helps communicate the latest information and company policies regarding COVID-19 to all customers, employees, and other key stakeholders. The ERT strictly follows and acts according to the regulations of the Public Health authorities.
Key Preventive Measures:
- Requiring employees to strictly follow the Ministry of Health’s 5K message: (1) Face mask; (2) Hygiene; (3) Safe distance; (4) Avoid gathering; (5) Health declaration.
- Replacing the in-person attendance with virtual experiences such as video and call conferences to reduce business travels and public gatherings while staying connected with our clients and teams.
- Enhancing office protocols to keep our work environment safe and healthy. Our workspaces have been regularly deep-cleaned and sanitized with visual reminders of personal hygiene best practices being displayed at multiple locations.
- Advising employees to check themselves for symptoms of acute respiratory illness before travels and notify their supervisor and stay home if they feel sick. Require all FPT Software employees to frequently update their health status via the company mobile application myFPT.
- As a global IT firm, we encourage our employees not to make assumptions about the possibility of infection based on race, ethnicity, national origin or disability, but rather, make it based on objective information provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and prominent public health authorities.
MyFPT app enabled “Health declaration” feature for employees to update health status
Considering the COVID-19 fight as a long-term battle, we have gathered lessons learned and made more stringent responses to navigate through the crisis. FPT Software has:
- Developed a detailed six-level business continuity plan in response to COVID-19 based on the level of infection in the community and the company, regulating specific indicators including minimum distancing, minimum work-from-home ratio, and a maximum number of people gathering.
- Optimized delivery process to better adapt and maintain efficiency and quality in the remote working phase, ensuring no customers or projects are affected.
- Ensured infrastructure readiness for remote working and quarantine:
• Invested USD 8 million in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), ready to support when 100% of employees have to work from home;
• Provided more than 8,000 new laptops for remote workers;
• Spent over USD 2 million in cloud infrastructure expansion;
• Strengthened information security measures, required all employees to take information security training course and test;
• Prepared “camping” plan for the employees who are required to stay at the company during lockdown.
In the second and third quarter of 2021, we plan to kick off more initiatives to raise the level of protection against COVID-19:
- Installing thermal cameras at every campus to better screen and detect who may need medical check;
- Strictly monitoring gathering limit and face mask compliance through CCTV system;
- Allocate “isolation spaces” for potentially affected employees, especially who are required to travel and meet with customers frequently.
Support to the community and the Government:
Since the COVID-19 outbreak, FPT Software has been making significant contribution to support the long-haul battle:
- Made donation to the COVID-19 fight:
• 2,000-room university dormitory as a quarantine site;
• VND 107 billion to the Government’s budget for the fight against COVID-19;
• 135,849 pieces of medical protective equipment;
• 04 “rescue flights” for customers, employees and their families from the US and Japan to Vietnam.
- Leveraged technology in COVID-19 prevention:
• Launched a chatbot that handles over 1,000,000 inquiries about COVID-19;
• Developed Sound Dr. – an AI-powered app that facilitates respiratory disease diagnosis.
To make progress in COVID-19 response, FPT Software takes a calm and rational approach towards the pandemic. We also encourage our employees to stay positive and informed so they could respond properly to any unexpected circumstances that may happen in the future.