The ClientCalsonic Kansei is a global comprehensive automotive parts manufacturer, headquartered in Japan with approximately 16,000 employees worldwide. Their product range includes engine cooling system, climate control, exhaust system, etc. The client had been using a Lotus Notes system with 7000 active users.
The customer had been using a Lotus Notes email and application system for nearly 7 years, and needed to remove the dependencies on this legacy platform, which had proved of high maintenance costs, inefficiency and inflexibility:
- Lack of mobility support in email system;
- Low application maintainability and development resources availability;
- Expired software and support licenses;
The legacy system, including nearly 300 applications and 7000 active users, was implemented in Lotus Notes 7.0 and Lotus Domino 7.0 and running in 12 servers at one single data center. The system has been used mainly to support collaboration and document management.
The Client wanted to carry out assessment to analyze their technical and organizational readiness for cloud adoption, specifically Office365. In order to prepare for a mass migration, Calsonic Kansei was looking to implement a pilot project to move a part of the Notes applications to Office365.
The migration direction is set to utilize the most modern platform. Both email and applications are to be migrated to Cloud platforms and Microsoft Office365 is identified as strategic one because of its integrated and comprehensive services including messaging and office applications.
The Japanese Bridge Software Engineers model was utilized to eradicate any miscommunication. System and architecture documentations and communications were handled by the BrSE for most effective knowledge transferFPT provides end-to-end migration services including:
- Assessment & pilot migration to work out for migration approach, solution, and plan;
- Full migration implementation: - Data migration to Sharepoint Online was carried out in 3 steps: o Step 1: Damai from Notes to SQL using FPT Software’s Citus™ Migration Suite o Step 2: Preprocess SQL data before migrating to Office365 (Citus™ Migration Suite) o Step 3: Damai from SQL to Office365 (code tool, use Client Object Model technology) - Sandboxed solution was used to develop custom application in Office365.
FPT Software had the system migrated to the Cloud with minimum efforts and at a reasonable cost, all of which resulted from our cost-effective & proven resources, that is our workforce and Citus™ Migration Suite, our own data migration tool. Citus™ Migration Suite is a comprehensive tool-set designed to assist clients in quick & efficient data migration from Lotus Notes databases to other platforms including SharePoint Online, Salesforce, SAP, SQL Database, Oracle Database.
With the new system up and running, Calsonic Kansei has now been able to enjoy the full advantages of Cloud Computing and Microsoft Office365: minimum maintenance cost, high efficiency and high scalability.
Technologies UsedLotus Notes 7.0, Lotus Domino 7.0, Sharepoint Online, Office365, .NET 3.5, SQL 2008.