OutSystems is a low-code platform for the development of mobile and web enterprise applications, which runs in the cloud, on-premises or in hybrid environments. This article shares viewpoints on why enterprises should migrate form Lotus Notes with OutSystems.
1. What is Domino/Lotus Notes? Why do enterprises need to migrate from Lotus Notes?
2. Current status of Notes Migration
3. Which is the best platform to do Notes Migration?
4. Why OutSystems is an advisable Low-code Platform?
What is Domino/Lotus Notes? Why do enterprises need to migrate from Lotus Notes?
Domino/Lotus Notes was published by IBM in 1989 and later on sold to HCL Technologies in 2018.
Domino/Lotus Notes is groupware platform, provides business collaboration functions, such as email, calendars, to-do lists, contact management, discussion forums, file sharing, microblogging, instant messaging, blogs, and user directories. It can also be used with other HCL Domino applications and databases.
Lotus Notes was known for steady performance, fast data replication, high data security and safety. In addition, Lotus Notes supports a variety of programming languages, enabling programmers to create applications that meet all user requirements.
However, after 30 years of development, Domino/Lotus Notes has been encountering issues:
- High license maintenance fee, high maintenance cost.
- Client/server platform is no longer compatible in the era of web and mobility.
- Number of developers who are familiar with the Lotus Script programming language has been increasingly deficient.
- Cannot compete with other groupware platforms.
- Limited capability in teamwork and sharing activities.
For other technology blogs, please visit: https://blog.fpt-software.com/