The COVID-19 pandemic was a real test of resiliency, scalability and capability to quickly transform. In response to such uncertainty, cloud has become an inevitable part of business IT strategy.
1. How COVID-19 Increased Business Cloud Use
- 57% of respondents replied that after the pandemic struck, cloud usage increased slightly or significantly.
2. What’s Next with Cloud
- Public cloud will thrive: The global public cloud infrastructure market will grow 35% to US$120 billion in 2021 (Forrester)
- On-premises disaster recovery will fade: In 2021, we predict that an additional 20% of enterprises will shift DR operations to the public cloud — and won’t look back. (McKinsey)
- From cloud-first to cloud-smart: By 2023, more than 60% of organizations that have adopted a cloud-first strategy will replace it with a cloud-smart strategy by 2023 (Sillicon Angle)
3. Cloud Computing Market: The 2025 Vision
- Cloud computing market* is expected to constantly grow fast at the speed of 18-20% growth each year in the next 5 years. (Gartner)
Graph created by FPT Software based on Gartner research, Gartner Forecast: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2019-2025, 1Q21 Update, Colleen Graham et al., 25 March 2021, Public Cloud Services End-User Spending Constant Currency Basis.
*Cloud Computing Market = Public Cloud Service,
- Vietnam as an Emerging IT and Digital Destination
- How Zero-touch Technology is Changing the Way We Live and Interact?
- Digital Kaizen™: An Approach for Large-scale Digital Transformation
There are a lot more interesting facts to explore, keep learning here!